Happy President's Day. I can't wait until the President is a woman. In the meantime, I am thinking of how to include diversity in my courses and projects to aid students in broadening their perspectives. Then I thought of myself. A neighbor came into my building today with a little tree. I freaked. This guy has had flooding in the past and seeing that tree just hit a button for me. Then It was explained by my sister that I was being biased against him by calling him a Jibaro Loca. Maybe it is my insensitivity and my lack of broadening my perspective when I am dealing with him. She might be correct but a tree when your washing machine has flooded the apartment below you, your dishwasher has flooded other apartments, and now a tree. At least it is a beautiful tree with a lot of green leaves and little flowers. But where did he get a tree in February??? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A record of our accomplishments

Fatties on the outside.